Olive Grove Manager – APPLICATIONS CLOSED
Olive Grove Manager
- Full-time position with a highly regarded olive growing operation
- Located in central Victoria
- Attractive salary package
This is a full-time position with the successful applicant responsible for managing a wide range of
operational duties and provide direct support to the Principal Olive Consultant and to the
Managing Director. You must be highly organized with good written & verbal communication.
At least 3 years horticulture experience and excellent management skills.
Position Responsibilities will include:
- General olive grove operations
- Purchasing of raw materials
- Monitoring all irrigation procedures including fertigation
- Monitoring all application of fertilizer and chemicals
- Monitor all harvesting procedures
- Liaise with Principal Olive Consultant to prepare and maintain fertilizer and chemical programs, leaf and soil testing
- Liaise and organise contractors
- Maintaining and adherence to and training staff in the Grove’s OH&S programs
- Staff management and mentoring
Skills and Experience Required:
- Horticultural experience preferably in olive or orchard production
- Extensive experience in all aspects of farm management including, staffing and farm horticultural operations
- Ability to perform general maintenance on farm machinery and irrigation systems
- Current Drivers Licence
- Current Chemical Accreditation or willing to obtain
- Current Forklift license or willing to obtain
- Current Senior First Aid Certificate or willing to obtain
If you are looking for an exciting opportunity where you can demonstrate your potential in both,
grove management and horticulture skills then we would be keen to hear from you. In return will
offer a competitive salary, 3 bedroom house, and fully maintained farm vehicle.
EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST ARE NOW CLOSED.